Monday, February 11, 2008

About to loose it on Mother Nature- someone hold me back!

I will start with we have more snow coming.


Have I mentioned how much I despise snow? I think I might have at some point.


I feel like my blog has been dedicated to the talk of snow, how much we have gotten, how much we are due to get, how much it has affected our lives lately! I am dwelling on it way to much! It is not healthy. I feel like I have nothing good to say- atleast when it comes to the snow part! Normally I am hoping for snow. I was even happy to have a white Christmas, I wanted snow then. But once that is over, I am ready for spring. This winter has lasted far too long! To much snow, to much ice, to much cold, to much missed school, to much missed dance class (and other activities), it is just too much. Sadly we have the rest of Feb and March left (which is typically our worst month for snow fall). I want warm days, not even hot, just warm, like 60’s! Heck I’d take 40’s or 50’s! We are set for another 5-10” today.


I seriously do not think I can take it.


I am about to loose it on Mother Nature.


I mean should a 3yr old know what wind chill is?!


We are 34 degrees cooler today than we were last week. Which would not be bad if it was 84 last week! But it wasn’t it was in the teens! And that 34 degree difference doesn’t even take into consideration the above mentioned wind chill factor! It is pretty sad that on Sunday we had to dig out our driveway, because my DH (even with a big 4x4 truck) couldn’t get thru—and it didn’t even snow Saturday night or Sunday morning… that was just the drifting in! UGH!

So with my above "venting" it would appear I didn’t have a good weekend, but actually we did!
Friday I helped at Lauren's 100th day of school today. What a fun day! Each student made a t-shirt or item with 100 things on it. Lauren's has tick marks on the back in glow in the dark paint! They even turned off the lights for her. They made snacks with 100 items, necklaces, spent $100 dollars (drew a pic of what they would spend it on--lol)! Did 100 thumbprints, exercises while counting to 100 in 5's and 10's (quite a work out)... and more.

I also took in our tax stuff, wait I will tell you why good not bad… no paying in (thus the good news)! Actually we are getting a few hundred dollars back we didn’t know about- but the reason is that we paid double what we paid in 2006 on property taxes! So the excitement is short lived! LOL! Ahh it's only money, right?! On the flip side I have to pay taxes on $241.68 of my flex spending (dependant care funds) that I spent all of, but now I can't find receipts for that amount! Whatever. Oh well I never paid tax on it to start.


Saturday Lauren went to a neighbor’s house to play, while Mason and I ran errands. When Lauren came home it was a quick shuffle to get bags packed and get them on their way to my Mom’s house—they spent the night since we had my company “holiday” party that evening. As much as I was dreading the party, we actually had a great time. We stayed till the end too! So not in the plan. It was a nice evening without kids (wink wink).


Sunday I was up at 7am… strange since my alarm (aka 3yr old saying good morning Mom while crawling all over me and asking me for breakfast) wasn’t home. I headed off to make the trek to my Mom’s house to get the kids, as we had a busy day to get started on. Lauren headed to a day dance camp and we had a double birthday party to go to (family members). At 4pm we headed to the school that Lauren was at to watch the different dance troops perform, Lauren did an awesome job! That didn’t wrap up until 7pm (never expected it to last that long). Home quick meal, bath time, game time, book time, bed time! Whew! Packed up backpacks for school, and to sleep I went! I was beat!


Oh and then the news of a 2hr delay for today came in there sometime right before bed! Ok vent over!


Here is a pic of Lauren at dance camp:

1 comment:

mama2dibs said...

Well, at least we broke the record, right? Unfortunately, it STILL keeps coming down. Every time I see snow flecks, I want to just scream. It's APRIL for heaven's sake!