Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's gonna be a luau!

Break out the Surfin' USA, Wipeout and other beach tunes! We have a party theme! Beach Party/Luau! Lauren is super excited! She wants a grass skirt cake-- we are going to look into that... I have a few ideas for it too!

I bought cute invites that look like a beach print shirt cut out... and I am going to request the kids come in beach attire!

We are going to play a ring toss game, do the limbo contest, pass the coconut, possibly a balloon popping contest... make Aloha picture frames. I am taking their picture infront of a beach mural and I will send that with the thank you note from Lauren on the back! We are going to have cake and ice cream (keep it simple stupid is my theory).

I bought hibicus beach totes, beach containers (you know the kind that all the leathery, 60+ yrs olds, who wear a bright orange thongs, have around their necks to keep their money so it doesn't get wet at the beach- those containers) with a hibicus print on them, leis, tropical fish stickers, beach balls, and I am making a CD of the beach music they will listen to that day for their gift bags (aka beach totes)!

Ok so a few questions:

Can you put stickers on CD's and still have them play music?
Should I hand out winner prizes for the games we play? I was thinking not.. maybe a certificate.. but I am not a big fan of you are a winner and the rest are not!

Aloha!

No comments: