Monday, July 21, 2008

What a fun weekend!

What did we do, you might be asking! Nothing! Seriously, we had one of the best weekends, doing nothing planned... all just being.

Friday Mason went to the park with Paul and played in the sandbox while Paul worked on the horseshoe pits. Lauren went for a bike ridewith me, while I ran in the new phase (my favorite spot right now).

Saturday we ran a few quick errands (got gas-- $3.71 hooray! Seriously not sure why I am that excited to spend $3.71, except that is pretty good from where it was a few weeks ago)! We then headed to swim for a few hours, came home had BLT's and then headed to the park for a neighborhood BYO party... we played volleyball, the kids played, tag, tetherball and enjoyed the sand box!

Sunday, headed to church in the morning and left with Dilly Bars! Yummo! Then hit the pool again from noon till 8:30pm last night! It was such a fun day... it is so nice lay back and relax at the pool ... both Mason and Lauren are such fish and great swimmers! I still have Mason wear arm floats (they are really tiny so they just keep him up enough) but with a deep end it is just easier... not that he can touch in the shallow end either. I do let Mason swim without his arm floats if I am working with him on his swimming skills, but for just being by the pool(with my lounging around) I just rather have them on and for sure when we are in a public place with lots of kids! Both are diving(it is so cute to watch Mason) and they are both little fish! Tracy (my neighbor who was there with her 3 girls) and I were joking saying "isn't it nice to have a pool in our backyard" oh wait it isn't not our backyard it's Mary's! (Mary is my neighbor and we swim there practially everyday! )They were gone Sunday to Monday and invited us (tracy and I) to go down and use it all we want! Ahhh Mary is seriously the sweetest person, and not because of the pool, she is just a wonderful person!

I can't even tell you how tan my two kiddo's are! Even Mason my little toehead -- he is like a surfer with his white bum, boardshorts, blonde hair and tan tan tan everything! Lauren always is tan, and looks so pretty with her dark hair and light eyes and then that tan skin! And then there is me with my now really blone hair! My colorist really lightened it up Friday, so it is really light... looks like it did when I was a kid-- of course then it was natural! We will all be ready for vacation this coming weekend with our tan skin! I am even wearing a bikini on our trip, now that I have managed to get my abs back! I would still be ideal to loose 10 pounds... but that will not happen in a week! lol! But I wore one all weekend to get sun in the places that needed it... but I will not be wearing a bikini as small as the ones I wore this weekend.

Today Lauren headed off to her first day of Girl*Scout Camp! She is SUPER excited and I can't wait to hear all about it tonight. She goes all week and then camps Thursday night! OH so fun!

This coming Friday we head on vacation! Just a nice extended weekend! Friday to Tuesday...

No comments: