Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guess who is going to New York?! Ok me!!

At work I am an active part in a community outreach board. We work closely with a Domestic Violence Coalition. Last year we receive over $9,000 in grants through work for various projects. In the past we have tooted our horn by submitting our group for a Corporate Achievement Award. We have gotten honorable mentions (which pretty much anyone who submits receives) but to win is a VERY big deal. The recipients of the award are given a check for $10,000 that goes to the non-for-profit group of their choice plus the team is flown to New York for the presentation and a private dinner with the President (of the company, not the US, which my Mom thought I meant) It is a really big deal, I work for one of the top global textbook publishers. So guess who's team won!! Mine!!!!!!!!!!! So we will be flying out in June and for those who know New York the headquarters are on Avenue of the America's, just one block from Rockefeller Center!!!

I have travelled for work before, but never to New York, nor have I ever been to new York!!! So I am really excited, can you tell!?! I might even extend my stay and hit a Broadway play!