Monday, May 5, 2008

Whirlwind weekend!

Lauren came home from school Friday with an invite for a birthday party..... for Saturday!!!! I literally check her bag EVERYDAY, so I know it was not in there on Thursday or any day prior. After juggling our plans around, I called to RSVP, as Lauren really wanted to go. So Saturday we got up bright and early, go her bag packed for her overnight stay, showered and cleaned up for the party and off we went to pick out a birthday present and head to the party by 11am! I got her all dropped off and headed back home to pick up Mason and Paul as we headed out to hit a few garage sales! We haven't done this in years, but we are in search of a few things that typically you can find at garage sales: canning jars and an old desk to refinish! We didn't find either, but Paul did get a few craved ducks for his den and a tripod for the camera-- $12 spent! We picked Lauren up and headed home for a quick change and herded her out the door to spend the night at her cousins house! It is fun to just spend some one on one time with Mason... although by Saturday night we were all missing Lauren. Oh and I finally was able to watch 27 Dresses, cute movie, although I expected to be blown away by it! Sunday was another beautiful day, and a bit warmer! We spent most of the day in the back yard... Paul was working on the drainage issue we had in the waaaayyyy way back "flower bed" which turned into a nightmare when the drain tile he tied into somehow clogged, and now he needs to run a new drain tile to correct! He was pretty ticked with himself... he thinks he should have left it alone... but he didn't and now created more work for him self- not to mention has to dig up the yard a bit. Mason and I laid out/staked out the garden and bought some seeds, haven't planted yet, but will, when I have the plants bought so I can do it all at once. So far I am planting; tomatoes, peppers and onions, cilantro, basil, radishes, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and watermelon. I need to pick up kohlrabi, asparagus (will be years before we can pick) and zucchini plants- and that will probally fill the space! I took a cat nap out in the sun, while Mason played on the swing set (Paul was out there to, so it wasn't like I let Mason run free! while I slept)... When Lauren came home they played out there till 8:30 and I had to force them inside as Mason hadn't even had supper yet! lol! and they both needed a good bath!

1 comment:

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

LOL don't you just "love" those last minute invites..*rolls eyes*. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.