Monday, January 21, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it STOP!

What a great day to be off work and out of school-- I didn't even know snow was forecasted, so when Mr. Mason came into my room this morning bight and early at 7:07am, I thought hmmm it is so foggy out... got up to get some breakfast on the table and sit by the fireplace to warm up, and I noticed, not fog, just a fine snow (this looking out the back with no way to gauge how much snow jsut fell, ontop of all the other snow we have). Wander over to the front door and look out, crap there is like 3 inches. We eat some breakfast and pull on THE GEAR to head out into the tundra! I snowblowed, the kids grabbed the sleds for a bit and then Mason grabbed his shovle. Since we are all budled up I thought good time to run to the grocery store, the post office (at a drug store, not the real post office, they are accepting mail, just no pick up today), and to Micheal's to look for some faux dried flowers (of which i found none, but did fine a prelite xmas tree). Anywho, the newly falling snow really put my SUV to work... it was slick out in spots and deep in spots (drifting-- we also have lovely high winds and low temps- great combo). Head back home a whopping hour later, to have to snowblow the drive off again... in we go, un-bundle, into the dryer with it all, head down stairs to put away the last of the holdiay/winter decor and get the home back to normal, as well as clean up the storage room in which I had been just adding things to throughout the winter... (oh we also had a bite to eat in there for lunch, I didn't let the kids starve-- they wouldn't let me, they literally have hollow legs I swear) so now it is 3pm and another 3 inches has fallen so I just went and cleared driveway again for teh last time as DH is on his way home from work (City employee working in MLK day? strange I know!) and he can take over from here. So in totally I think we have about 8inches so far since sometime early morning till now, and it is STILL snowing! So to that I say "STOP". I love snow, I love the way it looks and covers all the ugly ground of winter... but enough!!! Either that or let the wind and wind chills go away so we can atleast enjoy it and be outside for longer than 30 minutes.

No comments: