Thursday, January 24, 2008

OMG-- the tire story continues.. for the good!

I won't bore you all with the details... but give your the short version, called dealership, not much help, found my tire info in with all my "Stuff" in glove compartment... turns out I have a really good brand of tires, just a base level, which as it turns out most car manufactures put on their vehilces.. they are a high proformance tire but low mileage- at 25 k mileage... they are more of an all season type tire, which is great many months out of the year but not in the winter... and since it is a 25k tire, I have actually gotten a good life out of it since I am at 22k something... so back to the good news the tire manufacture rep can tell I am not happy with the tire and offers me replacement tires same brand different model... and get this they are offer them to me at 75% off... sounded to good to be true... so I ordered the tires online at a the Tire Rack... I got a off/on road tire-- more like a truck tire... so it is will preform awesome in the winter... but it will have possibly more road noise... which I don't drive with my windows down so it won't be an issue... and also a bit more stiff of a ride... but my concern is the winter time... that is the reason I bought an AWD/4x4 SUV... to get around!

I get my new tires on Wed... delivered to my door! Total out of pocket cost will now be $130.78 for all 4 tires! I didn't even have to pay tax on it! The cheapest I found them before was $540 and it ranged up to $687.... so to say the least I am thrilled! That I got a deal... not that they had to be replaced. Had I found my paperwork a few months ago it would have been free replacement, but the same exact tire... I like this much better! Well worth the $130!

No comments: