Friday, January 18, 2008

Need a little luck!

Wish me luck this weekend... we are going to try roller skating with the kiddo's! I need to bring along a few extra blankets for cushion on the ole' rear I think!

Our church is having a family skate party on Sunday night... the kids have never been and Paul and I haven't been in 15+ yrs... although he thinks he still is going to have the skills with the two-step, backwards skate, and 4 corners! We will see who is still standing, and my guess is it won't be the two of us!

The weather is up to it's old tricks again too... yesterday Mother Earth dropped 4 inches of the white stuff... doesn't sound back, except it was super slick under the snow, and it is well below 0 out and so windy- the kids were set to have winter fun day at school, but it has been cancelled because winter is to cold right now!

This weekend I am taking down the last of the holiday decor-- all that is left is down stairs, which we haven't been hanging out much... but I promise to get my lazy butt to pack it all up. My other goals for the weekend are to figure out something for above my 1 cabinet in the kitchen, it just isn't working for me, and if my DH will go for it I would like to paint a wall in my DR the same red as our entry... he hasn't been to gung-ho about my idea, but I am hoping to catch him at a good moment or a I-don't-care moment! It will take all of like and hour to paint! So it isn't much of a project, so small I could wait till the kiddo's are asleep and do it and surprise them! (I know great surprise right! Just what they have always wanted I am sure!)

I am in a rut with my house... I want to paint and rearrange the whole thing! I get bored way too easily! But I am running out of ideas!;(

Well I am off to a great start with this first day of this blog... 2 posts in 1 day... I am sure I will not keep up the momentum, but I hope to get atleast once a week!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Nicole. I am so glad you've started blogging again.

Aritha said...

LOL I hope your bum is not sore today. The kids and I go skating (if you can call it that) twice a year with the school. Sean just goes around once and then grabs my wallet and find all the quarters, then heads off the the video machines. LOL!!