Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wipeout!

No we didn't really wipeout, but for any of you who went roller skating as a child/teen will remember the song "Wipeout" and the wistle-blowing squat/stand-up routine! Lauren did so well she was even trying it! Thankfully I didn't fall, not even once-- which was my big(only) concern. Lauren did great for her first time skating... it took the first half-hour to get comfortable on her skates to the point that she didn't fall... she was a trooper, not a wimper not a wine, not a break... she just kept on trying! After the first half hour she stayed up a little wobbly, but she held onto me and did great... she did get a few laps in on her own without falling, and even dared to do the backward skate - with me holding her hands... I even did a backwards skate and totally impressed Lauren (and myself). It was quite the workout... and tomorrow my back muscle are totally going to ache... it was a workout for them to be holding onto Lauren and keeping her up at times.



All in all it was so much fun... we have monthly all-school skates and we will totally be hitting the one in Feb!



I didn't take Mason, Paul was called into work... and I knew I could take to new skaters with me and me on skates for the first time in 10-15 years! I would like to take him sometime, but I need to get Lauren skating on her own before the attempt!

I will post some pics tomorrow, ahhh it brings such a smile to my face to think about the night... what a blast!

No comments: